[cvsnt] force revision in cvs

Prasanna Ujain Mutt prasanna at semsoftindia-samsung.com
Fri May 26 08:13:26 BST 2006

Hello vinay,
             Oh, we are missing something here. We got a message from Mr.Bo
Berglund. He has mentioned that this option is now removed. (Check the
message thread)

We actually did check out with CVS Commit --help option and we noticed that
the -r options is shown as "-r branch".

But in some of the old documentation we notice that it is shown as "-r rev".

So we concluded that forcing a revision was supported in older versions of
CVS, but it has been removed in the current versions.

Let us know if our understanding is wrong and if we have missed something.

If CVS still supports the -r for revisions too, then it would be great, we
would want to use it and it will serve our purpose.

Thanks and regards
Prasanna