[cvsnt] CVSNT Control Panel not working

Webmaster33 webmaster33 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 01:00:19 BST 2006

Hi,

It is awful, that the so called "stable" releases can not install
the software the way to work. Now, specifically I'm talking
about the CVSNT Control Panel, which is not working.
It means, that when you start the CP, it doesn't pop up the window.
Nothing happens.

I tried several releases and only one had the CVSNT
Control Panel working after install. Note, I restarted
the computer as suggested after each install/uninstall.

The following releases had NO working CVSNT Control Panel:
- cvsnt-2.5.03.2260.msi
- cvsnt-2.5.03.2344.msi
- cvsnt-x86-2.6.01.2288.msi
- cvsnt-2.5.3.2330.exe

The following release installed a WORKING  CVSNT Control Panel:
- CVSNT v2.0.51d

Yes, I did read the following page:
http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/InstallCVSNT25.html#InstallSteps

And yes, I have the Simple File Sharing enabled. I want to keep
this setting. I can not believe, that displaying a config window
depends on such change.

I'm very disappointed at this point.
I was asked, why do I still use the old CVSNT v2.0.51d version.
Here is the answer.
Because this works. The other installers are buggy.

I hope somebody knows what the problem is, so I could fix it,
and install the latest stable version.

Thanks,
Webmaster33