[cvsnt] CVSNT Control Panel not working

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun May 28 14:57:02 BST 2006

On Sun, 28 May 2006 15:16:22 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 May 2006 14:42:53 +0200, "Webmaster33"
><webmaster33 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Steps will be the following
>>1) uninstall all versions of CVS and CVSNT
>>2) remove all CVSNT related registry entries
>Registry key is
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CVS
>I'd *rename* the ky rather than removing it. Then the old settings can
>be restored if needed, or at least viewed.
>
>>3) reboot computer
>>4) try a fresh install of 2.5.03
>>5) reboot computer

FWIW:
I ran the following cycle on my w2003 test server:
- uninstall 2.5.03.2344
- rename cvs registry keys
- reboot
- install 2.0.51d
- started cvsnt cp, ok
- configured server
- verified basic operations
- uninstalled 2.0.51d
- cleared cvs registry key
- reboot
- install 2.5.03.2330
- started cvsnt cp, no problems at all! :-)
- configured server
- verified basic functionality, ok

So from my vantage point this is a specific PC that is acting up,
probably because of other software nonrelated to cvsnt.

Did you ever try this on a different PC?

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)