[cvsnt] Re: cvs info -b question

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon May 29 15:35:57 BST 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006 13:49:10 +0200, David Somers <dsomers at omz13.com>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Aroused by the other thread I started to experiment with cvs info.
>[snip]
>> Why is w2003cvs not listed?
>> What kind of config makes it available for info -b????
>
>On linux, /etc/cvsnt/PServer the ResponderType entry is the one to look at.
>
>On Windows, HKLM/SOFTWARE/CVS/PServer, again, the ResponderType entry.
>(or via the CVSNT Control Panel aplet, Advance Tab, its the Zeroconf
>publication type [for me, Internal works ok on my W2003 Server]).

Zeroconf is set to 'Internal' on all 3 servers. Other possible
settings are: None, Apple and Howl.
I have no clue what the different settings mean, but obviously there
is some defference.
The 3 servers run on W2000 Server, XP-Pro and Win2003 Enterprise
server (not listed).
They look the same to me but yet only 2 are listed.

In fact there should be another one as well because I have an open VPN
tunnel to a place with the production server. Also this one responds
to cvs info -r 'server' but is not listed by -b...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)