[cvsnt] CVSROOT/module2: how to merge multiple dirs into a common virtual root

Alexander Kriegisch Alexander.Kriegisch at web.de
Wed May 31 09:34:41 BST 2006

I have a (real) directory tree in CVS as follows:

src
    java
        foo
            bar
                package1
                    One.java
                    Two.java
                package2
                package3
                package4
    conf
        eclipse_projects
            project1
                build.properties
                plugin.xml
            project2
            project3

What I want to achieve is a virtual module, named e.g. MyVirtualModule, which would check out to the following directory structure:

MyVirtualModule
    src
        java
            foo
                bar
                    package1
                        One.java
                        Two.java
    build.properties
    plugin.xml

My problem is that I seem to be unable to specify both the
    src/java/foo/bar/package1
folder as well as the content of the
    src/conf/eclipse_projects/project1
folder to be rooted in the same base directory. I tried several approaches to achieve this using CVSROOT/module2, but the best I could get was either one of the base folders to be in root and the other one in a subdirectory or both in different subdirectories.

I would be grateful for any hints and configuration samples.

Kind regards
Alexander Kriegisch