[cvsnt] shadow not working....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 31 16:10:39 BST 2006

I thought that I knew how to do this but apparently not...

The shadow file contains one single active line:
agiusa HEAD e:/Websites/agiusa

The permissions on the e:/websites folder is
Modify, Read&Execute, ListFolderContents,Read,Write for the
engineering groups and a special user as well.

The "Automatic Checkkout Extension" plugin is enabled and set to
Verbose

When I do a commit to a file in agiusa/www the shadow file seems to to
trigger at all, same for the other user. So the files never are
updated.

What should I look for now?
And how can I check what is going on?

C:\Engineering\Website\agiusa\www>cvs ver
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2344
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2330
(client/server)

And what happened to tracing?
If I enter cvs -t-t-t commit I get a help message about valid commands
and if I use cvs commit -ttt there is no trace at all...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)