[cvsnt] Re: shadow not working....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 31 19:33:46 BST 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 20:11:53 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>I guess I have to revert back to my old method of starting a batch
>file from postcommand to do the update.
>The downside to that is that it is not as complete (and fast) as the
>built in shadow handling (when it works)

A bit later:

Something is REALLY grossly wrong here!
When I added a new line to postcommand in order to start doing the
updates from a batch file myself the most unexpected thing happened:

I updated the postcommand file to read:
agiusa E:/Websites/agiusa/updateweb.bat %c
ALL C:/Programs/CVSMailer/CVSMailer.exe -p$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT %c

Then when I committed this file (CVSROOT/postcommand) THEN shadow
fired off and updated my website!!!!!

How did that happen?
The shadow file specifies agiusa as the regular expression:

agiusa HEAD e:/Websites/agiusa

and when I commit stuff that matches that then shadow does NOT run.
But now when I commit an admin file into CVSROOT, THEN shadow fires
off and updates my website!

Why, oh, why did this happen? It is totally incomprehensible to me!
Tony, please explain what is supposed to happen, this makes no sense
at all!

What I have been doing is migrating a CVSNT server from an XP-Pro box
where I had shadow running just fine (CVSNT build 2260) to a brand new
W2003 Enterprise server dedicated for CVS and where I have installed
build 2330.

Is the problem in a bug in the script handling in 2330?
Will it be cured if I put 2344 into it instead?

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)