[cvsnt] Re: shadow operations bug in builds 2330 and 2344

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 31 22:12:08 BST 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 21:14:32 +0200, David Somers <dsomers at omz13.com>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Now I have pinpointed my shadow file problem!
>> In build 2260 a shadow file entry like this:
>> agiusa HEAD e:/Websites/agiusa
>> causes a website rebuild whenever files are committed in agiusa or
>> below. This is the intended behaviour and works fine.
>>
>> But in build 2330 and 2344 the rebuild happens instead when files are
>> committed ELSEWHERE in the repository!!!!
>> It looks like the logic has been reversed so that the shadow operation
>> is triggered if there is NO MATCH!
>
>triggers/checkout_trigger.cpp, rev 1.1.2.14 (=build 2344)
>line 209
>if(!mod.matches_regexp(tok[0])) // Wildcard match
>
>That ! is the culprit; it shouldn't be there.

I updated my cvsnt sources with the intention of building a new
version with the ! removed. But when I load the cvsnt solution into my
VisualStudioDotNet2003 there is an error because the lockservice
subproject fails to load. Nop reason is given so I don't know why. And
I am not handy with VS either so I don't know where to look....

Any ideas, hints or other suggestions?

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)