[cvsnt] checksum failures

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sun Nov 12 17:47:46 GMT 2006

Chuck Kirschman wrote:

> Since we moved the server from Unix to cvsNT, I see an awful lot of "cvs
> update: checksum failure after patch to xxxx; will refetch".  I'm
> guessing it has something to do with my network or server setup.  Does
> anyone have any ideas what I should be looking for?  This is really
> slowing down my gets.

This has been discussed here just a few days ago (thread "Checksum failure
after patch"). Andy's solution was:

"Thanks everyone for their help. I've managed to resolve this issue by
installing v2.5.03 Build 2382 as the server, instead of v 2.5.04 Build
2471. This also fixed another problem I was having which was that
CVSMailer was being invoked twice for each commit, causing two emails to
be sent."

Gerhard