[cvsnt] Update Error: cvs [update aborted]: writing to server socket: error -1

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 04:49:42 GMT 2006

The problem was the temp space on the server.  We checked this first, and
/tmp had .5GB free, so we assumed this was not the problem, but aparently
that was too low.  We also noticed there were many orphaned cvs files
there.  I assume this is not normal.  Our server went down, the previous
week, due to a power outage (battery backup failed), which could cause this
I assume.

Is there a recommended temporary space size, or means of calculating this?

Thanks.