[cvsnt] strange error with binary files on Mac client

Randy McCharles RandyMcCharles at smarttech.com
Wed Nov 15 18:08:54 GMT 2006

One of our Mac clients has suddenly stopped checking out binary files from our server, instead reporting the following error:

cvs checkout: WARNING: Internet Config cannot map file test.bin: Unknown error: -666

I can't find any reference to this warning, and assume cvs is forwarding it from some deeper protocol.
Has anyone seen anything like this?

The client version is 2.5.0.2

Other Mac clients, along with Windows and Linux clients are behaving normally. I have to assume something has changed on the problem Mac client. I just don't know what it is. I have reinstalled CVSNT on the client, to no effect.

Randy McCharles

SMART Technologies Inc.

Senior Software Developer

Tel. 403.802.3347  Fax 403.229.2531