[cvsnt] newbie asks 2.5.03 upgrade consequences

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Nov 22 19:39:55 GMT 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:19:53 -0200, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

>Andreas Tscharner wrote:
>
>> Tony Hoyle wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>> ?? I use unix tools all the time and they work fine with spaces.  It's
>>> in "Program Files" anyway - so there's a space however you structure it.
>>
>> That's in english versions of Windows. For example in german, it's
>> "Programme" and I suppose, it's just one word in swedish too...
>
>And only by default... I run a US version, with my program directory being
>D:\Programs\.

I have seen the registry key where you can change this, but I did not
dare to do it in case I would break already installed applications...
If I do change the setting I guess that future installs will be
directed there, will it not affect the existing system?

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)