[cvsnt] Add or commit "Use the file's modification time as the time"

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Nov 22 20:35:04 GMT 2006

Carmo wrote:

>    question: why -d option doesn't exist for "add" or "commit" command ?
>    ("cvs add files" always use the current time for files, never the
>    original "modification time")

I don't really know, but I'd see a problem with this in that it would
enable users to create a revision sequence that doesn't increase in time.
It's easily possible to commit a 1.44 revision that has a date that's
before the date of the 1.43 revision. Not sure what this would do to the
internal logic; it seems to require increasing dates with increasing
revision numbers.

Gerhard