[cvsnt] Bug? "Move away [file]"

Jim Hyslop jimh at view22.com
Fri Nov 24 16:24:08 GMT 2006

I discovered some unusual behaviour, which I think is a bug.

Somehow, my CVS\Root entries became slightly inconsistent between
various sub-directories within my project. Some of them had:

:sspi:server-name:/repository

and some had

:sspi:server-name:2401/repository

IOW, some CVS\Root files specified port 2401 (the default port) and some
didn't. I discovered that a 'cvs update -dP' would result in error
messages:

cvs update: Move away [file name]; it is in the way
C [File name]

These error messages occurred in directories where the CVS/Root was
different than the one for the directory from which the command was
issued.

Platform: client and server both running 2.5.03 build 2382; client is
Win XP, server is Win Server 2003.

--
Jim