[cvsnt] (CVS/Repository missing)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Nov 27 06:48:21 GMT 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:43:34 -0800 (PST), Bala S
<us_email_2006 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone,    I have just installed CVSNT and i'm reading
>the manual and I'm trying to set it up.
>Everything went well. I have a repository named MyRepo at
>E:\Repositories\MyRepo, I have 2 projetcts inside it.
>I can make checkout, checkin.
>But now I am at the Security chapter. Until now everybody
>could connect to my CVSNT server.
>Following the manual:
>1.  I denied free acces  by setting the AclMode to normal
>in the CVSROOT/config file. I tested and indeed, noone is
>allowed to do checkout anymore.
>2. I added a user:
>C:\Documents and Settings\Mihaela>cvs passwd -a Andrei
>Adding user Andrei
>New Password:
>Verify Password:
>cvs passwd: *WARNING* CVS user 'Andrei' will not be able to
>log in until they are aliased to a valid system user.

Did you notice that warning message???
Your user addition is flawed right there mecause you have added a
non-system user to cvs (you invented the user 'Andrei') and cvs will
not be able to use that login until you tell it which real user to
alias to when Andrei logs on.
See the cvs manual for the cvs passwd command.

>3. I tried to give everyone the right to read the projects.
>So I went in E:\Repositories\MyRepo and:

Wrong place!!!
Who told you to do any cvs commands at all *inside* the repository???
All cvs commands are supposed to be issued from a *checked out*
sandbox containing the module files and folders you want to operate
on!

>E:\Repositories\MyRepo>cvs chacl -a read prj1 prj2
>cvs chacl: ignoring prj1 (CVS/Repository missing)
>cvs chacl: ignoring prj2 (CVS/Repository missing)
>E:\Repositories\MyRepo>
>What is this??? I checked the manual and I cound't
>fing anything usefull.
>Can anyone help me?  Thank you very much!

- Check out your repository to some location on your C: drive
- Go there and execute the cvs commands.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)