[cvsnt] Need help with cvslock (reposted)

Mauro Maniforti mauro.maniforti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 11:01:03 GMT 2006

Hello Arthur,
Nice to meet you, and Thanks for your rensponse

I made the tests:
cvs window:

C:\Programmi\cvsnt\CVSNT Tools>cvs -ttt -d
:sspi:localhost:/cvsrepositoryunilib8 co project
11:50:45:   -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 6124
11:50:45:   -> Session ID is 17ec456c148522e4
11:50:45:   -> Session time is Tue Nov 28 10:50:45 2006
11:50:45:   -> CLibraryAccess::Load loading
C:\PROGRA~1\TORTOI~1/protocols/sspi.dll
11:50:45:   -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi:localhost:/cvsrepositoryunilib8
11:50:45:   -> start_server(0)

cvslock window:

C:\Programmi\cvsnt\CVSNT Tools>cvslock -test
CVSLock 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 2471 (Sep 30 2006) starting in test mode.
Initialising socket...
Starting lock server on port 2402/tcp...
Starting thread 00001474
GetNameInfo failed: Il nome richiesto Þ valido e presente nel database ma
non possiede i dati associati corretti per la risoluzione.
(the request name is valid and is present in the database but does not have
the correct associated data for the resolution)

That's all

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:mailman.251.1164707626.16616.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
Hi Mauro,

Long time no see!  Did you go to Cu2006?  Gotta find another excuse to
visit your town soon...

Is the laptop running CVSNT server?  If so stop the lock service then on
the command line use "cvslock -test" to get the debug output.  Then run
the command in another window with -ttt, eg "cvs -ttt -d
:sspi:localhost:/myrepo co test".  Be sure to attach the relavent parts
of both logs.

More info here:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

Regards,