[cvsnt] Import binary files and wrappers

mail.ru axonix at mail.ru
Thu Nov 30 10:47:31 GMT 2006

hallo all

I develop a small java project where cvsnt uses as a storage for file
structures so my java program have to automatically import/export bunch of
the files eithers text and binary types. For interact with cvsnt server I
use jCVS 5.4.2 library.

When I need to store files to the cvsnt, my program scans the file
structure, recognizes binary and text files according the some inner logic
and composes cvs command - something like "import -I ! -W "*.exe -k 'b'" -W
"*.zip -k 'b'" -W "*.gif -k 'b'"... " Till recently I used the old cvsnt
2.0.58d server and everything worked well, but some days ago I have tryed to
use the last stable cvsnt server (2.5.03.2382) and realized that my logic
doesn't work properly any more, all binary files after restoring from the
repository were corrupted !

Looks like the the wrappers which I uses for prevent binary files from the
transformation doesn't work now. At the same time if I import the test file
structure via WinCVS client, the files stores and restores without any
damages. The cvs command string generated by WinCVS looks like the same as
generated by jCVS but in first case the everything goes OK in the other all
binary files are damaged.

Does anybody knows where is the point ?
Here is the log of the interact jCVS client with cvsnt server, may be I'm
miss something important  ?

CVSClient.openServer: creating connection...
CVSClient.openServer: creating i/o streams...
CVSClient.openServer: server is open.
AUTHENTICATE: verifyOnly? 'false' userName 'cvs_user' password 'A4Kw1"'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'BEGIN AUTH REQUEST'
CVSClient.SENDLine: '/test'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'cvs_user'
CVSClient.SENDLine: ''A4Kw1'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'END AUTH REQUEST'
CVSClient.READLine: 'I LOVE YOU'
AUTHENTICATE: REPLY: 'I LOVE YOU'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'valid-requests'
CVSClient.READLine: 'Valid-requests Root Valid-responses valid-requests
Directory Max-dotdot Static-directory Sticky Entry EntryExtra Kopt
Checkin-time Checksum Modified Is-modified UseUnchanged Unchanged Notify
NotifyUser Questionable Utf8 Argument Argumentx Global_option Gzip-stream
wrapper-sendme-rcsOptions Set Rename VirtualRepository expand-modules ci co
chown rchown chacl2 rchacl2 lsacl rlsacl passwd info update diff log rlog
add remove update-patches status ls rls rdiff tag rtag import admin export
history release watch-on watch-off watch-add watch-remove watchers editors
editors-edit init annotate rannotate noop version
Rootless-stream-modification Kerberos-encrypt Gssapi-encrypt
Protocol-encrypt Gssapi-authenticate Protocol-authenticate read-cvsrc
read-cvsrc2 read-cvsignore read-cvswrappers Error-If-Reader server-codepage
client-version       Can-Rename Valid-RcsOptions'
CVSClient.READLine: 'ok'
PARSE: ok
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Root /test'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Valid-responses E M ok error Valid-requests Created
Merged Updated Update-existing Removed Remove-entry New-entry Checked-in
Checksum Copy-file Notified Clear-sticky Set-sticky Clear-static-directory
Set-static-directory '
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'UseUnchanged'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Directory bbb'
CVSClient.SENDLine: '/test/bbb'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Modified cd_key_change.rar'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'u=rw,g=r,o=r'
CVSClient.SENDLine: '93381'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Modified MS Key Update Enable.zip'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'u=rw,g=r,o=r'
CVSClient.SENDLine: '265419'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Modified wait.gif'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'u=rw,g=r,o=r'
CVSClient.SENDLine: '2107'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Directory .'
CVSClient.SENDLine: '/test'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument -I !'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument -I CVS'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument -W "*.gif -k 'b'"'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument -W "*.rar -k 'b'"'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument -W "*.zip -k 'b'"'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument -m'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument 'nm''
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument storage/bbb'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument VendorTag'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'Argument ReleaseTag'
CVSClient.SENDLine: 'import'
CVSClient.READLine: 'E cvs server: Importing C:/_cvs_repository_/test/bbb'
CVSClient.READLine: 'M N bbb/cd_key_change.rar'
CVSClient.READLine: 'M N bbb//MS Key Update Enable.zip'
CVSClient.READLine: 'M N bbb/wait.gif'
CVSClient.READLine: 'M '
CVSClient.READLine: 'M No conflicts created by this import'
CVSClient.READLine: 'M '
CVSClient.READLine: 'ok'
PARSE: ok

thanx for all in advance