[cvsnt] Basic CVS question

Jeff Douglass ist at att.net
Thu Nov 30 16:16:58 GMT 2006

I am not a CVS power user and have a basic question. I use Tortoise to store
a bunch of different embedded system products SW builds. When I have a new
product to do I start with all the source code from a previous product and
make the required changes to different files. Once the changes are
compleated and tested I then have the new product build that consists of all
the source files. Currently I have been doing this by checking out from CVS
a previous module ( complete source code), make the changes and then create
a new module for the new product and commit all the files into the new
module. Is this the correct ( best way) to do this. I am not sure if
checking out one module and never commiting anything back into that module
is the proper way to do things.

Thanks for any advice.

Jeff