[cvsnt] Restoring a backed up repository

Damien Moore damien.moore at excite.com
Thu Nov 30 20:21:35 GMT 2006

>>There shouldn't be any hidden files in the repository.

I thought that too, but for some reason I didn't seem to get all the files with xcopy command in comparison with the original directory listings. I attributed this to hidden files, but maybe it's something else.

>Unless he has confused the checked out file set with the repository
>that so many do...Then he would have had CVS subdirs (hidden)..

that might have been me 4 months ago, but I'm a little more of a seasoned campaigner now :)

anyway, I'll try stopping the CVS server, copy the rescued modules back in and see how it goes.

thanks for the quick responses David and Bo

Damien