[cvsnt] Revision Numbering

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Thu Oct 5 18:31:02 BST 2006

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:48:31 +0000, Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> Really? I frequently use them for verification that I and someone else are
> talking about the same revision of a file. Maybe remove the useless "1.",
> but please leave something like a unique revision number.

Seconded. It is really useful to have "$Header$" compiled into the
binary to check whether the binary on *that* system is actually
what we suspect.

Would be much less so if there were no revision number in there
(and a bit more so if every editor would modify the $Header$
when the file is modified).

Andreas

--
np: 4'33