[cvsnt] Revision Numbering

Tim Chippington Derrick tim at chippingtonderrick.co.uk
Fri Oct 6 21:06:11 BST 2006

At 17:48 05/10/2006, you wrote:
>Peter Crowther wrote:
>
> > CVSNT's revision numbers [...] may be invisible in the next release, so
> > don't rely on them.
>
>Really? I frequently use them for verification that I and someone else are
>talking about the same revision of a file. Maybe remove the useless "1.",
>but please leave something like a unique revision number.
>
>Gerhard

Us too. We *always* tag and do a clean fetch from CVSNT before any
release build, but we do also include internal version strings in our
shipped "products" so that we can confirm the internal version info
of *every* source file that was used to build them. Please make sure
that we can still include something equivalent to those internal
version numbers in our source files...

Tim