[cvsnt] CVS/Repository missing

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Oct 7 07:45:42 BST 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:18:26 +0300, "Mihaela Tarjoianu"
<mtarjoianu at eta2u.ro> wrote:

>    3. I tried to give everyone the right to read the projects. So I went in E:\Repositories\MyRepo and:

What do you mean by "went in"????

*All* cvs commands are supposed to be executed inside *checked out*
sandboxes containing files that come from the server. Except of course
the cvs checkout command which is used to create the sandbox in the
first place.

Not a single command is supposed to be issued inside the repository
itself! This is forbidden territory!
In fact the repository files should not be directly accessible to
anyone at all except the cvsnt service itself.

It seems like you have not understood the basic principles of the cvs
repository versus the client side checked out files.
Please read a basic tutorial on how CVS works, for example this:
http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)