[cvsnt] Issue with modules

Mac-Fly at gmx.net Mac-Fly at gmx.net
Wed Oct 18 11:38:13 BST 2006

Dear all,

I have a problem which I cannot resolve. Any help is really appreciated.

I have two modules in a repository: Let's call them "A" and "B". "B" shall use header files from Module "A". Thus I have these entries in my module file:

A   A                     # To checkout A
A_H A header1.h header2.h # Checkout monly common headers
B   B &A_H                # To checkoput B and 2 headers from A

Now this works, when I checkout and update the files from repository (update means I do eighter "cvs -r update -P" or "cvs -r update -P -C" - to get the clean copy).
No the issue is: If I want to do a "cvs -r update -P -d -C" (to get new directories that exist in the repository, too) I suddenly receive the whole module "A" inside "B" and not only the two header files.

Anything that could help me to resolve this would really be apprectriated. What am I missing?

With regards, Morten.