[cvsnt] Any migration caveats between CVSNT versions?

Paul Bennett paul.w.bennett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 21:49:30 BST 2006

My Google-foo appears to be failing me, and the Wiki doesn't seem to be
easy for me to navigate. The question, it seems, falls to the newsgroup:

I have an existing and aging CVSNT server running 2.0.58d on Win2K

I have a shiny, new CVSNT server running 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 on XP

I want to migrate the repositories from the old machine to the new machine.

Assuming I move the hostname and IP address to the new machine as well, is
it really as simple as a file-level copy of the repository contents, and
pointing the new server at the copied repositories?

Is it advisable to upgrade CVSNT on the old server before copying the
data, for instance? Are there any other possible or probable opportunities
for me to screw this up royally?

Thanks,

Paul