[cvsnt] Strange behaviour of cvs status on a VMWare server...

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Mon Oct 23 22:17:13 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Question:
> Is this behaviour caused by some incompatibility between CVSNT and
> VWWare Virtual Server virtual machines? It sure seems so since the
> hardware server did not have this problem that we know of.
> Has anyone else seen any problems with such a configuration?

I'd guess more along the lines of a AV or firewall issue on the machine.
  AFAIK VM's are solid when it get to that level, and basically
indistinguishable from regular hardware.

Have you tried the regular command line?  From that server?  Checked
cvsdiag output?

I would guess the regular command line wouldn't produce any difference
in results, but the testing local to the server might.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett