[cvsnt] Strange behaviour of cvs status on a VMWare server...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Oct 27 06:51:57 BST 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:53:17 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> However, there is still the problem of cvs status (and possibly some
>> other commands). It is bugging the hell out of me.
>> ALL commands we are having problems with from client workstations work
>> flawlessly when executed in a command window on the server itself!
>
>I don't know how your VMware setup is, but do you have a host OS on the
>machine where the cvsnt VM runs? If so, you could try running the commands
>from that system.

It is VMWare Infrastructure 3 at the bottom so the base OS is some
kind of variation of Linux and I don't believe anyone can actualy
access that as a proper workstation...

>Another thing may be to compare the network traffic of the command that
>works with the command that hangs.

How does one compare network traffic? I have no idea about that...
In fact I have often wanted to be able to "see" what my own PC at home
is doing towards the network when it seems to be slowing down for
unknown reasons...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)