[cvsnt] --lf obsolete?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sat Sep 2 12:28:23 BST 2006

Yongwei Wu wrote:

> Why do people use Cygwin, UWin, and such like on Windows? Why do
> people on Windows need UNIX line endings at all? :-) -- It is simply
> the way people who are used to UNIX work when they have to work on
> Windows.

cygwin can use cr/lf quite happily (for example all my bash scripts are
edited in notepad) - it writes lf but then that's not really an issue
since cvsnt can read lf only files without any extra options.

> For me, I often check out files on Windows from the SourceForge CVS
> server, and sometimes need to run/use them in Cygwin, or copy them
> around. It is much simpler if I check all files with UNIX line

It clearly isn't much simpler as you have demonstrated - if you stick to
the correct line endings for windows everything works as intended.