[cvsnt] Get list of modified/added/deleted files

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Sep 3 04:02:42 BST 2006

Hello

I want to get a list of all project changes since a certain date/tag.
This is what I usually do:

cvs -q rdiff -f -s -r TAGNAME MODULES

 >cvs -q rdiff -f -s -r questor-1_9_20 QuestorProducts
File ZopeProducts/DataMining/DataMining.py changed from revision 1.43 to 1.44
File ZopeProducts/DataMining/icons/DataMiningIconOriginal.gif is
removed; not included in current release
[...]

This gives me an one-line entry for each modified and deleted file -
but unfortunately newly added files are not included. How could I get
those new files too?

cvs diff -N *might* work but:
- it requires an up-to-date sandbox (rdiff above does not)
- it has a bug (recently posted) when there are new files not yet commited
(and rdiff does not have -N)

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.