[cvsnt] Can History-File cause Performance issues?

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 06:25:45 BST 2006

> > BTW, may I ask what for are you using 'cvs history'?
>
> I don't use it for anything, but I wasn't sure whether CVSNT does ...

Well, I can assure you - and Tony, Glen and Artur won't let me lie ;-)
- that cvsnt does nothing with the history file besides pipe it to the
user upon "cvs history" command invokation.
The format of the 'history' command output is most useless and, as
other people already said, isn't much reliable, so no front-ends (I
know of) use it but use 'log' or 'rlog' instead.
(However, you can log things in the 'history' file that cannot logged
other way, besides auditing, like checkouts and updates.)

To deactivate the generation of the history file simply remove or rename it.

Cheers,
Flávio