[cvsnt] [chacl] 'cvs chacl -n' not working correctly

Jurko Gospodnetiæ mangled at to.avoid.spam
Sun Sep 10 23:41:39 BST 2006

  Hi Tony.

  Here's a better example for this problem:

  I have module a and a sub-module 'folder' below it
as in the following hierarchy...

  a/folder

  I checked it out... and deleted the only file in the
a/folder module.

  Now I removed all rights on all of the folders in
question:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jurko\Desktop>cvs rlsacl
Directory: <root>
Owner: <not set>

C:\Documents and Settings\Jurko\Desktop>cvs rlsacl a
Directory: a
Owner: <not set>

C:\Documents and Settings\Jurko\Desktop>cvs rlsacl a/folder
Directory: a/folder
Owner: <not set>

  Now I went down to the checked out a/folder module.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jurko\Desktop>cd a

C:\Documents and Settings\Jurko\Desktop\a>cd folder

  Attempted to update it which failed as expected.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jurko\Desktop\a\folder>cvs update
cvs server: User 'Jurko' cannot read from /Docte/a/folder

  Now I granted myself a non-inheriteable right to read module a.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jurko\Desktop\a\folder>cvs rchacl -n -u Jurko -a
read a
setting ACL for directory a

C:\Documents and Settings\Jurko\Desktop\a\folder>cvs rlsacl a
Directory: a
Owner: <not set>

user=Jurko
        read()

  And again attempted to update the a/folder module... which
should again fail but now succeedes...

C:\Documents and Settings\Jurko\Desktop\a\folder>cvs update
cvs server: Updating .
U aaa.txt

  Hope this is a clear enough example...

  Best regards,