[cvsnt] [chacl] Suggestions...

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Sep 11 12:29:05 BST 2006

Jurko Gospodnetic wrote:

>> Probably not. This is generally an admin activity, and you need this
>> feature most when you set up permissions for other users/groups. So the
>> user/group would be usually the one given as argument, just with the
>> lsacl command now.
>
> Hmmm.... but the cvs lsacl command does not have a user parameter...

Oh yes, of course :)  My bad.

But I think this mistake of mine is the source of the difference in
opinion. Listing the recursive permissions for all possible combinations of
users, groups, tags and commands is probably not an easy task. Finding the
relevant combinations is already a problem.

But listing the recursive permissions for one single user or group seems to
be what you are talking about. My argument still stands that this is most
useful not for the individual user but for the admin, so instead of having
to run lsacl with the global -d option or having to set CVSROOT
accordingly, adding a -u option (like chacl has it) for a recursive listing
of permissions seems to make more sense.

Gerhard