[cvsnt] Questions about temp files

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Sep 12 23:30:05 BST 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:10:28 -0500, "Woytasik Joe"
<Joe.Woytasik at sentry.com> wrote:

>I am having some problems with an automated build process.  I think it
>might have something to do with the CVSNT temp files.  When I look under
>my temp directory I see a lot of files/folders, and none of them are
>very recent(some are a month old, others over a year).  Should these
>files be here?  I was under the impression that CVS created these files
>for temporary use and then removed them.
>
>Thanks-
>Joe

Set the CVSNT temp directory in the control panel to be something else
than your common temp dir. Then you know that these folders and files
are all belonging to CVSNT. You can safely delete all old such items.

The reason the folders hang on might be a script you are running that
does not move out of the temp folder (from which it is started by
CVSNT). Therefore the folder cannot be deleted.
I saw this a few years back with my CVSMailer program, which is called
from loginfo and taginfo. Making the program move out of the temp
folder solved the problem for me, no more lingering temp folders.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)