[cvsnt] multi-line msg on command line

Randy McCharles RandyMcCharles at smarttech.com
Thu Sep 14 23:30:51 BST 2006

Using TortoiseCVS commit of a new comment I can see the \n between lines and it shows up fine in history and other lookups as multiline.
But when I try admin -m from the command line using \n I get them as regular characters.
I also cut and pasted the example in your email and had the same problem.
I just tried a multiline commit from command line and also had the same problem. I even cut and pasted the successful command from TortoiseCVS, modified the file name, and committed another file. Same problem.
Not sure why the behavior is different.
BTW My command line cvs.exe is the same one TortoiseCVS uses.

Randy McCharles

SMART Technologies Inc.

Senior Software Developer

Tel. 403.802.3347  Fax 403.229.2531