[cvsnt] can't add users (The dreaded Can't authenticate error)

Mathew Yeates myeates at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 15 02:55:36 BST 2006

I am getting the following error with builds cvsnt-2.5.03.2382 and
cvsnt-x86-2.6.01.2288

Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree on an authentication
scheme (got '')

This is after following the instructions at
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips and
set cvsroot=:sspi:localhost:/repos (I also tried adding force=NTLM with
the same result)

Also, when I start the service with cvsservice -test I see
Couldn't register with active directory: Configuration information could
not be
read from the domain controller, either because the machine is
unavailable, or a
ccess has been denied.