[cvsnt] Jar files becoming corrupt

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sun Sep 17 22:06:19 BST 2006

Bryan Leber wrote:
> I installed the version of CVSNT we have 2.0.1.1910 and
> checked out the patch branch of IPM2.3.1 and they were corrupt, so I
> upgraded CVSNT to the latest 2.0.3.8223(I believe that .xxxx is right).
> Then re checked out the files and they are still corrupt

The problem in that version as I recall was that the stored diff was
bad.  Upgrading the version won't compensate -- they are still bad
versions.

Fortunately, being generated files (and from a 3rd party), you should be
able to regenerate that portion of your tree.

It is extraordinarily rare for a bad buggy version (like that one) to
get released as stable, but it can happen.  If you're using the OSS
version of CVSNT, you really need to watch the list and keep up on
current issues.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett