[cvsnt] Posix ACL under linux

cyril dumas cyril.dumas.ext at streamezzo.com
Mon Sep 18 20:42:46 BST 2006

Hi,

We recently migrated our w2k cvsnt server to a linux cvsnt server and we have a little problem
of ACL.
In fact, under w2k we used ntfs acl to control the security access to the repository and when a user made a checkout of a module where there was one or more subfolder with more restrictive rights than his, the checkout completed normaly because the server simply skip the directories with restrictive access.
We manage to reproduce this architecture on a linux server with the use of posix acl, but in this case, when the server has no access to a subfolder of a module, instead of skipping the folder, the server abort the checkout.

Is there some kind of option to pass to the server so it can continue the checkout ?

Thanks in advance,
Cyril