[cvsnt] one time checkout files

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 18 20:44:21 BST 2006

"Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar> wrote in message
news:mailman.60.1158359344.338.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> At Friday 15/9/2006 14:11, Rick Martin wrote:
>
>>This maybe slightly OT but I'd like to see how others deal with this
>>issue.
>>I have a development system under CVSNT control. There are a handful of
>>configuration type files that each user needs, but once the user gets the
>>default version of the files I do not want them to receive any more. After
>>the first check out I want these files to be modifiable by the user and do
>>not want them to commit or update them. Is there any way to indicate a
>>file
>>in CVS that is only updated on Check out vs. Update?
>
> We use a setup script which:
> - creates directories
> - checks the needed modules out, plus a "template" module
> - uses the "template" to actually build the config files
> - puts the config files in .cvsignore

 Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the idea. I've written a handful of Python scripts at this point
and it would be pretty easy to setup a policy to always do an initial
checkout of the module via the script. That way the default could be setup.

Rick