[cvsnt] Bug? VerifyMsg

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Sep 19 22:43:10 BST 2006

At Tuesday 19/9/2006 17:53, Bryan Leber wrote:

> > If you see your error message printed, and anyway the commit
> > succeeds, it appears to be a bug...
>
>Right that's what I thought, my verifymsg script runs, and if
>FEATURE_AFFECTED: is left blank it says: "You must enter the feature
>affected" on the CVS Commit screen. If OVERVIEW: is left blank, it says:
>"You must enter an overview of the fix" on the CVS Commit screen. Yet
>when I look in my directories the file that is created by the script
>that is in the commitinfo file is present with the four things that show
>up on the commit screen. This should not happen as the commitinfo file
>should be called after the verifymsg script is completed with an
>exit(0).

But does the commit really finish? You may be seeing a file created
by a previous successful commit.

Look at the file status. Suppose you have a *modified* file which you
want to commit. Execute:

 >cvs status test.txt

and you get something like this:

    File: test.txt       Status: Locally Modified
    Working revision:    1.65    Tue Sep 19 00:12:00 2006
    Repository revision: 1.65    c:\cvsrepo/DINW/test.txt,v

See Status=Locally Modified, and Working revision: 1.65 (numbers are
irrelevant)

Then do a "cvs commit", but DONT include your required items in the
message so it should FAIL.
Check the file status again. If the commit succeeded, you'll see a
greater revision, and status = Up To Date.
If it didn't, you should see exactly the original values (same
working revision, and still Locally Modified).

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).