[cvsnt] PostCommand

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Sep 21 18:00:21 BST 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:15:38 -0400, "Bryan Leber"
<bryan.leber at fischerinternational.com> wrote:

>I have taken my script from the commitinfo and put it in the
>postcommand, but now I get these errors;
>
>Unrecognized expansion 's' in line 19 of CVSROOT/postcommand
>
>Unrecognized expansion 'm' in line 19 of CVSROOT/postcommand
>

>My line in there looks like this:
>

>^IPM2.1/* C:/Python25/python.exe C:/CVSAutoMailerPY/logfiller.py %p %s
>%m '\"' $USER "IPM2.1

You should look up the specs for the script you want to use instead of
assuming that the syntax is the same across all scripts, which it is
not...
Look here:
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/postcommand.html
and here:
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/commit-files.html#syntax

Some items from these pages:
Since postcommand runs once for a complete cvs session the regexp in
the beginning of the line should not really be used like that. You
cannot be sure that it will match at all. Use DEFAULT or ALL instead.

%s and %m are not supported by the postcommand script.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)