[cvsnt] unable to login, using winCVS.

Shashikant Nagthan shashi.mn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 07:06:42 BST 2006

Hi Bo,

Thanks, your suggestion was of some help.

The following worked for me :
- Select a folder
- in the command window : cvs logout
- in the command window : cvs -d :pserver:.......  login

  Entered new passwd in the popup dialog.
- in the command window : cvs -d :pserver.....  update
- in the command window : cvs -d :pserver..... log -N .....

The following did not work
- in the command window : cvs update .....
  It fails saying authorization failed....
  Looks like it is not storing the new password. I need to use the -d
option for every  command run in the command window.

Also if I choose a file /folder  in the upper window and do a mouse
right click -> update
it gives the "authorization failed" mesg again.
Looks like I need to use the command window to run all commands.
I use WinCVS 2.0.2.4

Thanks,
Shashi.