[cvsnt] Force LF only?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Sep 26 00:34:15 BST 2006

JP Vossen wrote:

> [2] Someone in the "--lf obsolete?" thread suggested SVN can't do this.
>  It can, and it's sticky.  See 'svn propset' and "svn:eol-style  - One
> of 'native', 'LF', 'CR', 'CRLF'."  This can be set down to per-file
> granularity if you like, and there are also related config files settings.

That's exactly what -k+L, etc. do and the way it should be done -
specifying files which for whatever reason must be in a specific line
ending on all platforms.

Making -k+L client side only so it works against legacy servers is a
possibility for 2.6 but it'll just have to go on the (ever increasing at
the moment) list - no changes to 2.5 are going to happen now.

It really looks like you should be running cygwin in your case - you're
writing unix files not windows ones (be careful not to use windows
editors on the files).  Running windows across samba is a bit of a
corner case - we don't even support checking out to samba shares oficially.