[cvsnt] Using loginfo

paul.s.barriscale at accenture.com paul.s.barriscale at accenture.com
Tue Sep 26 11:32:34 BST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to hook up a Ruby script to fire on post-commit using the loginfo file. The line in the CVS loginfo file is as follows

# Ruby script to generate an RSS feed for commits to Underwriting module
Underwriting/* D:/development/test-workspace/scripts/commit2rss.rb %{}

I'm stumped as to why I'm getting the following error on commit. Am I passing the parameter list in correctly at the end using %{}? I've included the some verbose output from cvs.

  -> ParseInfo(D:/development/test-cvs-respo/CVSROOT/loginfo, Underwriting/JavaSource, ALL)
  -> loginfo:Parse_Info(D:/development/test-cvs-respo/Underwriting/JavaSource,D:/development/test-workspace/scripts/commit2rss.rb %{} )
  -> run_popen(D:/development/test-workspace/scripts/commit2rss.rb "Underwriting/JavaSource" )
D:/development/test-workspace/scripts/commit2rss.rb:44:in `gets': Bad file descriptor (Errno::EBADF)
        from D:/development/test-workspace/scripts/commit2rss.rb:44

Although this is not a ruby mailing list i've included the block of ruby code for completeness.

Line 44 refers to this block of code

while line = STDIN.gets
  line.chomp!
  if line =~ /^[A-Z].*:\s*$/