[cvsnt] repeateable ,v file corruption in 2.02, 2.03

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Sep 26 21:09:37 BST 2006

Jean-Francois Lamy wrote:

> Specifics:  Server is running on Windows 2000, fully patched.  Repository is
> on a file system with NTFS file compression enabled.

Any antivirus etc.?  Sounds suspiciously like the kind of thing AV could
do.  I'd even be checking hardware.

Commit of a nonmodified file does not modify the repository, however it
does read it, and something could be attempting to make its own
modifications.

btw. I assume your RCS directory isn't compressed as performance would
be terrible on such a repository.