[cvsnt] How to use Cruise control with CVSNT

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Sep 28 10:19:16 BST 2006

At Thursday 28/9/2006 04:17, vishal.chopra at wipro.com wrote:

>Problem which I am facing right now is that when cruise control tries to
>run ant on the CVSNT directory, error is thrown, why because the
>committed files (build file and source files), which are stored in the
>CVSNT are stored with ", v" (appended) in the CVSNT repository and ant
>does not understand this, so it throws errors and build fails.

Do *NOT* run the make on the repository itself!!! Those files are
maintained by CVSNT itself and you should *only* access them using
CVS commands. For most purposes, think of them as "invisible".

- Use the "shadow" file to maintain an up-to-date checked-out copy.
- Trigger the build process using the commitinfo or postcommand scripts.
- I don't see the point of another build at 6PM; anyway, you can use
the windows "at" command or "Scheduled tasks" to trigger it.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).