[cvsnt] 'cvs unedit' issues

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Sep 29 22:57:35 BST 2006

Jim Hyslop wrote:
> Tony Hoyle wrote:
>
>>Did you specify the user correctly - eg. a unix shell you may
>>have to quote it to handle the backslash.
>

> Ah, that's got it - I didn't specify the domain. However, it doesn't
> explain why the user couldn't remove the edit himself. We use SSPI, by
> the way, and everyone's on a Windows workstation.

Odd...  running -ttt on the unedit might have thrown something up
(possibly logging in from somewhere else where the domain wasn't
appended by SSPI or something?)

As far as your other edit thing goes that's just a bug.. the normal
workflow for an admin to break someone elses lock is to do it on a newly
checked out sandbox so it hasn't been noticed (probably need an redit
command to avoid such ambiguities).