[cvsnt] BUG: different command prompts seem to have "cross-talk"

Jim Hyslop jimh at view22.com
Fri Sep 29 23:02:54 BST 2006

In one command prompt, I issued the command 'cvs unedit -u(username)
-R'. While that was running, I opened another command prompt and, from
the same directory, issued the command 'cvs -nq up'. The output from the
two command prompts seems to have some "cross talk" (to borrow an
electronics term).

Here is the output from the 'unedit' command:

CVSMailer processing
CVSMailer processing
cvs unedit: protocol error: notified patch.cpp, expected patch.h
CVSMailer processing
cvs unedit: protocol error: notified patch.h, expected resource.h
CVSMailer processing
cvs unedit: protocol error: notified resource.h, expected version.h
CVSMailer processing
cvs unedit: protocol error: notified stdafx.cpp, expected world.cpp
CVSMailer processing

C:\cvs\view22_4>

and here is the output from the update command:

C:\cvs\view22_4>cvs -nq up
? diff.txt
? out.txt
? out2.txt
? bin/release/nsIv22GeckoPlugin.xpt
? bin/release/regsvr32.trg
CVSMailer processing
cvs update: protocol error: notified material.cpp, expected patch.cpp
CVSMailer processing
cvs update: protocol error: notified material.h, expected stdafx.cpp
CVSMailer processing
cvs update: protocol error: notified mesh.cpp, expected stdafx.h
CVSMailer processing
cvs update: protocol error: notified mesh.h, expected world.h
CVSMailer processing
cvs [update aborted]: cannot open CVS/Notify: No such file or directory

C:\cvs\view22_4>

Note that some of the files from window 1 seem to have shown up in
window 2.

I'm using SSPI, both client and server are running 2.5.03 build 2382.
Client is Windows XP Pro, server is Windows Server 2003.

--
Jim