[cvsnt] Tagging failing on Directory where a rename was done

Dan Pupek dpupek at astcorp.com
Mon Apr 2 21:19:32 BST 2007

When our build server tries to tag files that have been renamed we get an
error:

T app/console/Migrator.Console_2005.csproj.vspscc
T app/console/MigratorConsole.cs
cvs server: Tagging app/core
cvs [server aborted]: could not open lock file
`/SES/ThirdParty/Migrator/app/core/,.directory_history,': File exists

I looked in the actual repository and found no ,.directory_history file.

The client machine is WIN2003SP2 with CVS Client: 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 2471
The server is the same OS with server:  2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2644

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dan