[cvsnt] problem with commiting deleted files

Dries Feys dries.feys at tvh.be
Thu Apr 5 15:52:09 BST 2007

Abid,

I think you misunderstood the cvs "delete" command.

Try first cvs delete finename and then cvs commit filename.

Met vriendelijke groeten, Cordialement, Regards,

DRIES FEYS
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Systeem/Helpdesk: Senior Software Engineer
Tel.:    +32 56 43 47 45
Fax:    +32 56 43 44 46
E-mail: dries.feys at tvh.be
Contactsheet: DRIES FEYS TVH FORKLIFT PARTS nv-sa -  BRABANTSTRAAT 15 -
B-8790 WAREGEM
Take a break to visit our site and tell us how we can help you today:
www.tvh.be

Abid Hussain <abid.hussain at abid76.de>
Sent by: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org
05/04/2007 16:32

cvsnt at cvsnt.org
cc

Subject
[cvsnt] problem with commiting deleted files

Hello everybody,

I'm not an expert in CVS, so maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Here's my Problem:

When I delete a file in the local filesystem and then commit the deleted
file to the repository, it doesn't work. Below is the output from the
two clients which I use:

WinCvs:
cvs commit -m weg -- Dummy.java (in directory
D:\java\scatterweb\src\scatterweb\criteria\)
Removing Dummy.java;
cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

Eclipse cvs plugin:
cvs ci -m "weg" -l "/scatterweb/src/scatterweb/criteria/Dummy.java"
     Removing src/scatterweb/criteria/Dummy.java;
The server reported an error while performing the "cvs commit" command.
(took 0:
31.110)
    Error: The server did not provide any additional information.

Does anybody know what I can do?

Best regards,

Abid

--