[cvsnt] Logout Error

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sun Apr 15 16:18:08 BST 2007

Cheng Cui wrote:
> When I logout it gives the following error.
>
> cvs logout
>
> cvs.exe logout: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
>
> cvs.exe [logout aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

This is working as designed.

The login and logout commands are used to tell CVSNT to cache the
password for a particular CVSROOT.  If you run either outside a sandbox,
when the CVSROOT environment variable isn't set, then that's what you get.

The local protocol doesn't support authentication, so therefore it
doesn't support login or logout.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/