[cvsnt] Deny concurrent edit

Jim Hyslop jimh at view22.com
Wed Apr 18 15:38:50 BST 2007

Muhammad Ansar M wrote:
> I am new to CVS. I don't want to allow my team members to
> work in same file in the same time. How can I deny concurrent
> edit to a file just like a feature that is in visual source safe.

Why do you want to do this? Unless the file is binary, concurrent
editing allows your team much more freedom and flexibility. If you are
concerned about two developers making incompatible changes to a file,
then you have a deeper problem that no version management tool can
possibly address: your team members are not communicating with each
other.

--
Jim